Monday, April 27, 2009

Germany – Alex Swings Oscar Sings! – Miss Kiss Kiss Bang

Sometimes artists’ names and song titles fill me with a sense of dread... a feeling I got when I saw what Germany was sending in. But then I read that one of these guys is the guy who wrote “Das Boot”, the very first techno-ish thing I remember bopping along to back when I was little Piglet, and I became a bit more intrigued. Germany took lessons from the Sakis Rouvas School of Eurovision and sends in a good-looking man with a shirt carefully left open to show the man’s impressive pecs. Next to that slutty angle, they also go for the “quality” angle with this song, like when they sent that annoying Roger Cicero. I’m sure it’s a swing-thing everyone will like. Everyone but the Girlfriend and I. What is it with this final? I can only hope a lot of trashy stuff got through from the semis otherwise we’re in for a dull evening.

No comments: