Monday, April 27, 2009

Spain – Soraya – La noche es para mi (the night is for me)

Soraya is, like Beth in 2003, a Spanish celebrity for taking part in the never-ending Operacion Triunfo. Speaking as someone who once saw a complete episode of Operacion Triunfo, I have to admire her for that. She must have an endless supply of patience for taking part in a show that drags on and on and on and on and on! I mean, it was hard for me to watch, it must have been even harder for her to sit there and be interviewed for hours on end.... The Spanish just do not shut up when they do live shows, it’s incredible. If they ever win Eurovision again the show will last five hours, mark my words. Not that they’re in imminent danger of winning now, with this rather boring up-tempo Spanish sounding dance thing. An impressive choreography with attractive men might lift it from the realms of forgettability. Or it might not.....

No comments: