Monday, May 04, 2009

Lithuania – Sasha Son – Love

"Love is a book, and you've got to read it", the great Poet and Philosopher Tose Proeski once said. And really, that's all that should be said about love. But no, apparently other people decide to come up with their own theories and songs about love. The nerve really. This is a Song With A Message. Seriously? I’m allergic to songs or videos with a message, I can’t help it, it’s in my nature. We see an Evil Mother being rough with an Adorable Child “Stop the violence” comes up on the screen. Yes, yes, we shall stop the violence, I promise! I’m sure Evil Mothers all across Europe now feel guilty and ashamed….Ugh, please cut it out. Thankfully there are some shots of Sasha “in concert”: a wannabe-Rufus Wainwright (well, he’s wearing a hat, a weird scarf and he’s very intense, it’s good enough for me) at a piano. In all honesty, it’s an ok ballad, there’s a decent keychange, we’re hoping for pyrotechnics …it ‘ll probably do pretty well. (It’s not really that bad even, as far as Ballads With A Message go)

No comments: