Monday, May 04, 2009

Ukraine – Svetlana Loboda – Be my valentine! (anti-crisis girl)

Svetlana is described as nothing less than a “creative genius” in her bio. It’s always nice to see how modest Ukrainians are, isn’t it. And this song is called “be my valentine!” not “be my valentine”, no no, there’s an exclamation mark, you shall listen to them! Now if there’s anything the Ukrainians can, it’s write a Eurovision entry: they invariably send gorgeous women who can hold a tune, sing stomping dance songs and have fantastic choreographies (well… apart from those two times of which we shall not speak: once was just trying out and the other time they were so excited after their election, it’s hard to blame them) . And this is no exception, perhaps not a “genius” just yet, but I’ll be damned if this won’t do well. – I mean the Ukraine is so Eurovision their video even features two gay angels caught in the act. (see, I won’t be too far off with my theory that Eurovision is good for gay liberation in eastern Europe)-

No comments: