Sunday, May 01, 2011

Bosnia&Herzegovina: Dino Merlin - Love in rewind

Dino Merlin! You know, I was fully prepared to hate this one: no twinky gay boys, no Dramatic Poses, no red flags and not a hint of the bombastic communist army orchestra coming to get us. But then this song wormed its way into my head and it’s stuck there, people. It’s stuck. And then there’s the utterly fabulous ridiculous –not to mention hilarious- dance steps when all of a sudden old Dino is like a slightly drunk uncle at your wedding (which I hope don’t distract from the performance), and there’s waving at the end. Waving! Well then, there you go!Apparently Mister Merlin (I’m sorry, I can’t help but snicker at the name) is a huuuuge star in the Balkan, which is always handy. And with a song like this... and a name like that... Even despite the lack of gay boys, it’s going to win. Quite rightly so.
But what the hell does “Sito” mean?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're probably the only person besides me who predicts Dino's victory. I thought I lost all my ESC predicion ability (though I was sure Lena & Rybak were going to win long before the competition), so thanks for sharing my pow)))

Piglet said...

They'll all refer to our wisdom afterwards :-)